What Is Laser Dentistry?
As dentistry evolves, state of the art dental technology and techniques are making their way to the forefront. In some cases, Laser Dentistry can replace the need for oral surgery. Laser dentistry is a less invasive, more precise solution used to address a wide selection of dental concerns. Laser dentistry reduces recovery and downtime and provides an ideal solution for periodontal disease and gum contouring. Dr. Srikureja uses BIOLASE Waterlase Laser Dentistry when appropriate, offering the best possible patient experience and results.
What Is Waterlase and How Does It Work?
Waterlase is one of the premier forms of dental lasers. Waterlase uses laser-energized water to remove enamel, dentin, or soft tissue gently. Waterless eliminates the need for drills which can be a source of fear for patients with dental anxiety.
Does Waterlase Hurt?
Patients who receive laser dentistry can expect a minimally invasive and quick procedure. Patients can return to their daily activities after receiving laser dentistry. In addition to the many benefits of laser dentistry, Waterlase can be an excellent treatment solution for patients with dental fear and anxiety. Waterlase is gentle, yet powerful, eliminating the need for loud, noisy drills. Dr. Srikureja will consult with you to determine if laser dentistry is applicable to your specific case. Dr. Srikureja will create a personalized treatment plan based on your need.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Dentistry?
- Laser dentistry is minimally invasive which promotes a quicker recovery time
- Can be used to remove cavities, contour the gums, and treat gum disease
- Eliminates the need for dental drills and provide consistent, precise results
- Less swelling and bleeding
- Reduces the risk of infection and cross-contamination
What Different Types Of Conditions Can Laser Dentistry Treat?
- Tooth Decay
- To remove decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for receipt of the
- Gum Disease
- Lasers are used to reshape gums and remove bacteria during root canal procedures.
- Biopsy or Lesion Removal
- To remove lesions in the mouth and relieve the pain of canker sores.
- Teeth Whitening
- A peroxide bleaching solution, applied to the tooth surface, is ”activated” by laser energy, which speeds up of the whitening process.
Schedule A Consultation
To explore more about laser dentistry and your personal options, visit Montclair Plaza Dental Group in Montclair, CA. To schedule an appointment, call 909-281-3624 or request an appointment online.