Are my crooked teeth affecting my oral health?
For many patients, crooked teeth make them feel too embarrassed to smile. While crooked teeth can be a cosmetic concern, crooked teeth can also increase a patients risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and complex bite disorders.
Patients of all ages can benefit from straightening their crooked teeth. With advancements in modern dental and orthodontic technology, there are now more comfortable, faster and discreet options for straightening crooked teeth. Dr. Srikureja offers a range of orthodontic and cosmetic solutions for realigning a crooked smile.
Solutions for Crooked Teeth
Montclair Plaza Dental Office provides patients with comprehensive solutions to advanced dental concerns. We begin with a thorough oral health exam and bite analysis to help build a complete picture of the patient’s unique dental health. Dr. Srikureja consults one-on-one with each patient taking the time to listen to their personal goals and to answer any questions they may have. Together, Dr. Srikureja and the patient build a personalized treatment plan that will address underlying issues and result in lasting, beautiful results.
Dr. Srikureja is a Montclair, CA Clear Correct provider. ClearCorrect invisible braces uses a system of nearly invisible aligners to gradually shift teeth into proper alignment, bringing the bite and smile into a comfortable and aesthetic balance. There are many benefits to using invisible braces to straighten teeth. these benefits include:
- Discreet Treatment because the aligners are clear
- Better oral health since they can be removed for regular brushing and flossing
- More dietary choices because you will remove them to eat so there are no food restrictions
- They offer teeth grinding protection
For patients with a crooked tooth that does not impact the function of the comfort of the bite, Dr. Srikureja may recommend a cosmetic solution for restoring the aesthetic balance to the smile. To help achieve the appearance of a straight and beautiful smile, he may recommend:
- Porcelain veneers: Dental veneers are thin, ceramic shells that are cemented to the front of the teeth masking any imperfection including crooked teeth.
- Dental crown: Dental crowns are restorations that fit over the entire tooth like a cap. They can also hide any blemish but will require the tooth to be reduced.
- Tooth bonding: Tooth bonding is an affordable way to hide any imperfection. It can be performed in a single visit. The bonding material is placed on the tooth and will be sculpted to the right size and shape to correct the crooked tooth.
Why should I straighten my crooked teeth?
Crooked teeth overlap and may make it difficult to thoroughly clean all surfaces of the teeth. Patients with crooked teeth experience higher rates of tooth cavities and an overall decrease in oral wellness.
Malocclusion or misalignment of the bite caused by crooked teeth is a common underlying cause of TMD. TMD is a complex bite disorder that affects the alignment and function of the jaw joint. Patients with TMD experience chronic pain in the face and jaw and reoccurring headaches.
Straightening your crooked teeth can improve your self-confidence and your oral health. It is never too late to straighten your teeth. A straight, beautiful smile promotes the best version of yourself. Ask Dr. Srikureja about your options for treating crooked teeth by giving us a call at 909-920-0696, or request a consultation online today.