Restorative dentistry can rebuild your smile back to its more natural, healthy and stable state.
Restorative dentistry addresses damaged or missing teeth and the complex dental concerns that can affect the health and alignment of the jaw, teeth, and gums. Our expert dentists focus on finding then fixing the root of the problem rather than just the symptoms. We take a comprehensive approach to your care and will seek to identify any un-diagnosed dental problems that can compromise the integrity of your result. We will perform a thorough analysis to get an appropriate diagnosis and then we will create a treatment plan tailored to your needs and will support your long term dental health.
Montclair Plaza Dental Group in Montclair, CA provides patients with a full scope of restorative dental services. We help patients rebuild their smiles through comprehensive oral health examinations, bite analysis and personalized treatment plans. For some patients, a combination of general, cosmetic and restorative dentistry will be used to achieve optimal results.
Restorative Dentistry in Montclair, CA
Restoring your smile can improve your oral health, confidence and overall wellness. We offer many restorative dentistry treatments that will be customized to your particular needs and goals. Our dentists are experienced and highly trained in restorative dental care, ensuring that the results of your dentistry will be comfortable, lasting and natural looking. The treatments we will use to help restore your oral health and help get your smile back include:
- Dental Bridges: when a tooth is missing, we may use a dental bridge to “bridge” a gap between teeth. The bridgework is a series of prosthetic teeth linked together and supported by an anchor on either side of the gap.
- Dental Crowns: like a tooth cap, a dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place. Using the latest tooth-like materials, a customized cap is placed over the tooth to restore its strength and improve its appearance.
- Dental Implants: an implant is a titanium post that is surgically implanted into the jawbone and will act as a replacement tooth root. It is used to support a dental crown for a single missing tooth or several dental implants can be used to support a dental bridge or denture for patients missing multiple teeth.
- Dentures & Partials: these are custom made artificial teeth used to replace missing teeth and some of the gum tissue. They are made in a dental lab with impressions of your mouth.
- Periodontal Therapy: we offer many treatments for gum disease at our Montclair Plaza dental office. Theses include antibacterial rinses, scaling and root planing, laser dentistry, and oral surgery. These procedures help us treat our patients at all stages of periodontal disease.
- TMJ Treatment: Because no two patients are alike, there is no single course of treatment for TMJ dysfunction. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. We will perform a detailed bite analysis and oral health examination to determine the best course of treatment.
Implant Dentistry at Montclair Plaza Dental Group
Missing teeth are detrimental to all aspects of your oral health and should be replaced as soon as possible. We offer a range of treatment options which will be explored during your consultation and exam to determine which is the best for your needs.
Dr. Patel and Dr. Srikureja provide patients with in-house dental implant solutions for restoring a smile after tooth loss. The growing field of implant dentistry provides dentists with a more natural option for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed in the jaw and used as permanent anchors for a dental crown, bridge or denture.
Our dental care team combines state of the art dental technology and their advanced training to provide long-term solutions for missing teeth. Our innovative and modern dental technology helps to improve the longevity and natural appearance of your smile.
Restorative Dentistry FAQs
Is restorative dentistry covered by insurance?
Your insurance provider may elect to cover part or all of your costs associated with restorative dentistry. Your insurance determines what is covered and what is not. Sometimes, they choose not to cover a restorative procedure because they believe it’s not necessary for you. Be sure to contact your insurance provider to make sure your restorative procedure is covered before approving treatment.
Will restorative dental services also improve my smiles’ beauty?
Yes. We do not sacrifice beauty when we restore function to your smile with restorative procedures. We can combine restorative dentistry with cosmetic dental services for a full and comprehensive smile makeover. We can build a comprehensive dental plan tailored to your needs and budget.
Can multiple restorative dental treatments be combined?
Yes. Our top Montclair, CA dentists seamlessly combine multiple treatments for those with several chipped, broken, damaged or decayed teeth. After all, restorative dentistry aims to completely fix your dental problems in a timely manner, with as few dental procedures as possible.
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
If you have strong bone structure in your jaw, you’re a great candidate for dental implants. Most patients with missing teeth are candidates. However, we will still conduct a thorough dental exam and medical history review before recommending any treatments and beginning any procedures.